1. To assure versatile development of children and youth.
2. To facilitate preparation of high level basketball players.
3. To promote basketball in EGBL participant countries (POLAND, LITHUANIA,
BELARUS, ESTONIA, RUSSIA, LATVIA,UKRAINE, DENMARK, FINLAND, SWEDEN, ARMENIA,
NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, LUXEMBOURG, ITALY, SLOVAKIA and others).
4. To provide mutual exchange of experience in sports and pedagogic
5. To assure regular international relations.
6. To determine best Europe state and basketball girls' team.
1. EGBL competitions shall be organized and coordinated by EGBL board, chaired
by EGBL president. Office located in Riga.
2. Each team is under responsibility to organize a stage (domestic) of EGBL
once in two seasons, but recommended no further than 1000 kilometers from
center of EGBL, i.e. Riga.
3.If organizers can not execute the 2.2. conditions but they want to organize stage in their city, organizers
obligation is to compensate the traveling expenses of teams, whose distance
from the stage venue is 1000 kilometers or more. Participant’s obligation is to
get agreement with organizers about their mode of transport and costs of
4. Each stage of competitions can take place only in accordance with the order
determined in the Appendix 1 of the present Statute. The stage shall be
organized by the club or basketball federation of the country, which can manage
it following the terms mentioned in the paragraphs 2.2., 2.7., 7. of the Statute.
5. In order to assure necessary number of referees, each team participating in
the stage shall be responsible for attendance of one field referee.
6. The organizers of the stage shall assure clerical personnel and necessary
staff. The organizer of the particular stage is under responsibility to provide
the game statistics (technical secretariat) and online, send the
copy to: email@example.com
7. All expenses on organization, accommodation of participants and meals shall
be covered by organizers of the stage.
8. Travel expenses shall be covered by the guest team.
9. The organizer of the particular stage is under responsibility to provide the
game statistics and online using FIBA LiveStats. Send the copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Address of EGBL office: Terbatas Street 83b, Riga, LV-1001, Latvia,
phone/fax.: + 371 67 898 132, e-mail: email@example.com Home page: www.egbl.eu , www.eybl.lv
3. LOCATION AND
1. EGBL championship shall take place from October through May, based on
2. EGBL competitions opening shall take place during the first stag.
1. EGBL championship in 2019/2020 season shall take place in 5 age groups –
U19, 2001-2002 year born, U17, 2003-2004 year born, U15, 2005 year born, U14,
2006 year born and U13, 2007 year born.
2. In competitions 2019/2020 the teams participate,
if 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 8.1, and 9 points of the Statutes are executed.
3. Depending on the number of teams, alterations in the Statute might be
introduced in the next several years, as well as number of teams representing
one country might be limited.
4. Each team may involve 2 guest players.
5. Player who gets a disqualification may not play the next game.
6. Each team is allowed to declare two players, that are one year older than
the age group, if this players birthday is on December 1st or
later, but in U19 group of age – one team can addition declare one player that
is born in year 2000.
7. Team is allowed to declare new players and players may change the team for
another one during the season up to 28th of February year 2020.
1.EGBL championship shall take place in 3 stages, concluded with the super
final, participants of which shall be determined by total results of all
2. 8 teams divided into four groups, shall participate in each stage. In each
round four games are played with the teams of other subgroup and one game
within the same subgroup.
3. In the contest of the round teams play with each other for 4 x 8 minutes
(additional time 4 minutes).
4. Stage contests are carried out within three days + the day of arrival.
5.In case the team does not take part in some round,
it receives 0 points in all games of the stage;
6. In the super final will participate those teams from groups out of 16 teams
that has received the most points in season. In the group where 8 teams are
participating – the highest ranked team will be the ones that was in highest
places in every stage.
7. In case if some teams gets equal points, then the team who won the game
between these two teams – goes to superfinal. If there are more teams with
equal points, then to superfinal goes those teams that has the best points
8. In case if these results are equal, then the team who have more winning
games in the last stage, that team goes to super final and/or has the most
winning games in the last stage.
9. In case the team does not take part in some stage, the organizer is rightful
to invite any other club team of its country, which takes part out of
10.The organizer of the stage is obligated to send the results of the contest
to the Management of EGBL at the end of each day of the contest. The organizer
of the stage is obligated to send the final results to the Management of EGBL
within 5 days from the end of the stage.
11. Age group U13 plays with 5th size basketball ball.
12. If any team cancels the participation at any time, the league can provide
any other competitive team to the league.
13. In groups where are 8 teams - teams will be divided in two groups after
results of last stage A group: 1., 4., 5., 8., placed team
B group: 2., 3., 6.,7., placed team. Teams in each
group will play to each other. A1-B2 and A2-B1winners will play final game for
the 1st place, losing teams - for the 3rd place. A3-B4
and A4-B3 winners will play for the 5th place, losing teams – for
the 7th place.
14. In group where 16 teams are participating (and
also in case there will participate 8 or 16 more), after the results of season
2019/2020 will be divided in two divisions - 1st–11th placed
teams will play in division 1,but 12-16th placed teams will play in
15. In all the next seasons, in group ages where is A and B divisions, counting
the previous results of season will be changes like this: teams that took place
from 1st – 3rdplace in second division (EGBL regular
season) will go to the first division, but teams that took place from 14th –
16th place in first division – will go to second
6. SUPER FINAL
1. The best EGBL teams shall be determined in the super final.
2. In the Super Final of the girls born in 2006, 2007 (U13 and U14) and girls
born in 2000/2001 (U19) will participate teams that has received the most
points and that are placed in place 1-8. If the Superfinal organizer is not in
the Top8 teams, then in Superfinal will participate 7 teams + the organizer.
3. In the Super Final of the girls born in 2003/2004
(U17), there will participate 8 teams. From 1st division 1-6 placed
teams and 2nd division 1st placed team, plus the
organizer of the Superfinal. If the organizer of Superfinal in already in one
of the teams that goes to Superfinal, then in Superfinal participates best 7
teams + Superfinal organizer.
4. In the Super Final of the girls born in 2007 (U13)
there will participate 4 teams, in accordance with the points that is received
from the 1st till the 4th places. If the organizer of Superfinal in already in
one of the teams that goes to Superfinal, then in Superfinal participates best
3 teams + Superfinal organizer. Teams will play each against each, and after
that 1st and 2nd place will play for the 1st place, and 3rd and 4th place will
play for the 3rd place.
5. Superfinal subgroup playing time is 4 x 8 min,
finals day playing time is 4 x 10 min.
6. In super final 8 teams according to gained points in 3 stage are determined
into 2 subgroups: Subgroup 1: 1st place, 4th place, 5th place, 8th
place Subgroup 2: 2nd place, 3rd place, 6th place, 7th place.
The subgroup teams play with each other: A1 - B2, A2 – B1, winners fight for
1st place in the final, losing teams will play for 3rd place in the
final A3 - B4, A4 - B3 winners fight for 5th place in the final,
losers fight for 7th place in the final .
7. In super final four teams plays group tournament (3 games). First and second
placed teams will play in finals for 1st and 2nd place,
3rd and – 4th places team will play the bronze
game for 3rd place.
8. The organizers of Superfinal must provide video
1. Medals, diplomas, cups – for teams ranked from
first to third;
2. Teams ranked from 4th to 8th place – cups and/or
diplomas and/or team gifts for each team;
3. Cup and gift for MVP of the tournament;
4. Cups and gifts for 5 stars of the tournament (“All
5. Gifts for the best players of the teams (8 prizes);
(„TEAM BEST PLAYER”);
6. Every playing team in every stage shall get individual awards – 14
T-shirts or an equivalent prize with EGBL logo and with tournament info.
organizers have the right to increase the number of prizes.
8. Tournament organizers provide the photographer and send
the photo within 3 days after the tournament to: firstname.lastname@example.org;
9. SuperFinal organizers
provide a prize of 1-3 place winning team for all players and coaches.
10. SuperFinal organizers provide the prize more effectively
player of season ("BEST SCORER").
11. SuperFinal organizers provide the finals games video live.
8. APPLICATION OF
1. Participants applications for season 2019/2020 for the season shall be sent
to email@example.com till 15 September, 2019. Players
photo and team/club logo shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. One team in one season can apply no more than 20 players for the competition
in all season time, indicating year of birth, height, player’s number,
participation in the club (for non-players).
3. Applications of the participants of the stage (players, coaches, team’s
manager, bus driver – 14 persons in addition to 1 referee)
shall be submitted to the organizers of the stage prior to the beginning of the
games no later than 10 days before every stage begins.
4. During the season, new players must be applied separately
(showing the date of birth, players number, name, last name) no later than
10 days before every stage starts. All
the information must be sent to email@example.com
5. Teams can register new players until 28th
of February, 2020.
1.Each team shall pay season participation fee 350 EUR for covering
clerical and organizational expenses of EGBL.
2. Participation fee shall be paid by 15st of September 2019.
3. If the team arrives on a stage without the referee - penalty 100 EUR.
4. If the team has submitted the application form for
participation in a season 2019/2020 and refuses to participate in some of
stages - penalty 1000 EUR, which should be paid prior to the beginning the
5. Each team has right to organize one home stage in
6. Organizers of a stage have right to commit organization of their stage (home
stage) to Management of EGBL by transferring to bank account of
EGBL 8000 EUR, which is approximately needed amount of money for
organizing of the stage.
7. Each team transfers to the EGBL bank account 4000 EUR, which is
approximately half of the amount needed for one stage organization, if the team
has hosted a home stage during the season then the money is hold in league as a
participation fee for next season.
8. If the team transfers the money (4000 EUR), but
decides to organize a stage (2.2.point), then this money will be saved for next
9. Each team pays a guarantee deposit (for the participation of the team in
EGBL) before the begging of the season the beginning of the first round
– 1000 EUR , which is returned to the club, if the team has executed
the rules and is not continuing participation in EGBL. This point is not for
teams that has done point 9.7., 9.8.
10. Teams having disregarded the clauses 8.1, 9.2., 9.7. and 9.9. are not
allowed to take part in the contest.