1. To ensure development of children and youth.
2. To promote the training of high-level basketball players.
3. To promote the development of basketball in EGBL (European Girls' Basketball League) member states (POLAND,
LITHUANIA, BELARUS, ESTONIA, RUSSIA, LATVIA, UKRAINE, DENMARK, FINLAND, NORWAY, SWEDEN, NETHERLANDS,
GEORGIA, LUXEMBOURG, ITALY, SLOVENIA, SPAIN ect.
4. To ensure mutual exchange of experience in sports and pedagogical activities.
5. To ensure regular international contacts.
6. Identify the team of the best girls' basketball clubs in Europe.
1. EGBL competitions shall be organized and coordinated by EGBL board, chaired by EGBL president.
2. Each team is under responsibility to organize a stage (domestic) of EGBL once in two seasons.
3. The competition stage may be organized by a club, sports school or basketball federation of a country that is able to
organize it in accordance with the rules and the competition stage may take place only in accordance with the procedure
set out in Annex No. 1.
4. In order to assure necessary number of referees, each team participating in the stage shall be responsible for
attendance of one field referee.
5. The organizers of each stage of the competition ensure the presence of administrative staff and the necessary staff.
The organizers of the stage are obliged to provide the technical protocol (technical secretariat) and live broadcast of the
game online using the FIBA LiveStats program, sending a copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. All expenses on organization, accommodation of participants and meals shall be covered by organizers of the stage.
7. Travel expenses shall be covered by the guest team.
8. Address of EGBL office: Terbatas Street 83b, Riga, LV-1001, Latvia, phone/fax.: + 37167898132, e-mail:
email@example.com web page: www.egbl.eu
3. LOCATION AND TIME
1. EGBL championship shall take place based on approved schedule.
2. EGBL competitions opening shall take place during the first stage.
1. EGBL championship shall take place in 5 age groups – U20, /2002-2003/, U18, /2004-2005/, U16, /2006/, U15,
/2007/, U14 /2008/.
2. In competitions the teams participate, if 2.4, 2.6, 2.7, 8.1, and 9 points of the Regulations are executed.
3. Depending on the number of teams, alterations in the Regulations might be introduced in the next several years, as
well as number of teams representing one country might be limited.
4. Each team may involve 2 guest players.
5. Coach or player who gets a disqualification may not play the next game.
6. Each team is allowed to declare two players, that are one year older than the age group, if this players birthday is on
December 1st or later, but in U20 group of age – one team can addition declare one player that is born in year 2001.
1. EGBL championship shall take place in 3 stages, concluded with the super final, participants of which shall be
determined by total results of all stages.
2. 8 teams divided into 2 groups, shall participate in each stage. In each round four games are played with the teams of
other subgroup and one game within the same subgroup.
3. In the contest of the round teams play with each other for 4 x 8 minutes (additional time 4 minutes).
4. Stage contests are carried out within three days + the day of arrival.
5. In case the team does not take part in some round, it receives 0 points in all games of the stage;
6. In the super final will participate those teams from groups out of 16 teams that received the most points in season. In
the group where 8 teams are participating – the highest ranked team will be the ones that in highest places in every
7. In case if some teams gets equal points, then the team who won the game between these two teams – goes to
superfinal. If there are more teams with equal points, then to superfinal goes teams that has the best points +/-.
8. If the acquired and lost point ratio is equal, then the super final participating team who gained more points at all
9. In case the team does not take part in some stage, the organizer is right to invite any other club team of its country,
which takes part out of competition.
10. The organizer of the stage is obligated to send the results of the contest to the Management of EGBL at the end of
each day of the contest. The organizer of the stage is obligated to send the final results to the Management of EGBL
within 5 days from the end of the stage.
11. Age group U13 plays with 5th size basketball ball.
12. If any team cancels the participation at any time, the league can provide any other competitive team to the league.
13. In age groups where there are 8 teams, they are divided into two subgroups according to the results of the previous
A subgroup: 1., 4., 5., 8., placed team
B subgroup: 2., 3., 6., 7., placed team.
Teams in each subgroup will play to each other.
A1-B2 and A2-B1 winners will play final game for the 1st place, losing teams - for the 3rd place.
A3-B4 and A4-B3 winners will play for the 5th place, losing teams – for the 7th place.
14. In all the next seasons, in group ages where is A and B divisions, counting the previous results of season will be
changes like this: teams that took place from 1st – 3rdplace in second division (EGBL regular season) will go to the first
division, but teams that took place from 14th – 16th place in first division – will go to second division.
1. The best EGBL teams shall be determined in the Super final.
2. In groups with 16 teams, those who have completed the competition from the first to the eighth place according to
the number of points will enter the Super Final. If the team of the organizers of the Super Final is not among the eight
best teams, then the 7 (seven) best teams and the organizer of the Super Final participate in the Super Final.
3. In groups where there are two divisions, 8 teams participate in the Super Final, which have taken the 1st-6th place in
the first division and the 1st place in the second division and the organizer of the Super Final. If the Super Final
Organizer is among the teams that automatically enter the Super Final according to the place won, then the 7 (seven)
best teams of the first division enter the Super Final.
4. In groups where 8 teams participate in the Super Final, the teams that have completed the competition from the first
to the third place according to the number of points gained in the season and team of the Super Final organizer
participate. If the team organizing the Super final is among the three best teams, 4 (fourth) best team is invited to
participate in the super final.
5. Super final playing time is 4 x 8 min, finals day playing time is 4 x 10 min.
6. In super final 8 teams according to gained points in 3 stage are determined into 2 subgroups:
Subgroup A: 1st place, 4th place, 5th place, 8th place
Subgroup B: 2nd place, 3rd place, 6th place, 7th place.
The subgroup teams play with each other:
A1 - B2, A2 – B1 winners fight for 1st place in the final, losing teams will play for 3rd place in the final.
A3 - B4, A4 - B3 winners fight for 5th place in the final, losing teams will play for 7th place in the final.
7. In super final four teams play group tournament (3 games). First and second placed teams will play in finals for
1st place, 3rd and – 4th places teams will play for 3rd place.
8. The organizers of Super final must provide video broadcasting online.
1. Medals, cups – for teams taking places from 1 to 3;
2. Cup for teams taking places from 4 to 8;
3. Cup and gift for MVP of the tournament;
4. Cup and gift for 5 stars of the tournament (“All STARS”);
5. Cup and gift for the best players of the teams (8 prizes); („TEAM BEST PLAYER”);
6. Recommended - individual commemorative prizes for all tournament participants with EGBL logo and tournament
personalization (EGBL logo, date, place,etc.);
7. Tournament organizers have the right to increase the number of prizes;
Additional prizes in the Super Final:
8. Prizes for winners of 1-3 places, all players and head coaches;
9. Award for the most productive players of the season ("BEST SCORER");
8. APPLICATION OF THE PARTICIPANTS
1. Participants applications for the season shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org until 1 October, 2021. Player photo and
team/club logo shall be sent to email@example.com
2. One team in one season can apply no more than 20 players for the competition in all season time, indicating year of
birth, height, player’s number, participation in the club (for non-players).
3. Applications of the participants of the stage (players, coaches, team’s manager, bus driver – 14 persons and addition
1 referee) shall be submitted to the organizers of the stage prior to the beginning of the games no later than 10 days
before every stage start.
4. During the season, new players must be applied separately (showing the date of birth, players number, name,
last name) no later than 10 days before every stage starts. All the information must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Teams can register new players and players can change club 10 days latest until the start of stage 3.
1. The number of teams in each age group is limited. Teams that have paid a guarantee fee of 1000 EUR will
be approved for participation. This money will be saved as deposit for next season if the team continues to
2. Each team shall pay season participation fee 350 EUR for covering clerical and organizational expenses of EGBL.
Participation fee shall be paid by 1st of October 2021.
3. If the team arrives on a stage without the referee - penalty 100 EUR (you must pay to tournament organizers.)
4. If the team has submitted the application form for participation in a season and refuses to participate in some of
stages - penalty 1000 EUR, which should be paid prior to the beginning the following stage.
5. Each team has right to organize one home stage in two seasons.
6. Organizers of a stage have right to commit organization of their stage (home stage) to Management of EGBL by
transferring to bank account of EGBL 8000 EUR, which is approximately needed amount of money for organizing of the
7. If the team does not organize its home stage, it must transfer EUR 4000 to the EGBL bank account before the start
of the season, which is half of the amount needed to organize one stage of the competition and the other half before
the next season EUR 4000;
8. If the team transfers the money (4000 EUR) and decides to organize a home stage (2.2. point), then this money will
be saved as deposit for next season if the team continues to participate.
9. If the team has deposited 4000 EUR and the season is canceled in full, 4000 EUR will be refunded in full, and if any
stage is canceled, 1000 EUR will be refunded for each missed stage.
10. Teams having disregarded the clauses 8.1, 9.2., 9.7. are not allowed to take part in the competitions.
President of EGBL: Igo Zanders